My Code of Ethics
A Course in Miracles says that love is the most important thing there is. I agree. My most basic intention, and the underlying principle to every other item in my codes of ethics, is to learn, share, and be love. For me, that means finding out what it means to be loving, and what isn’t loving, and then do that which is loving as much of the time as I can.
Some of what that means to me is to listen to what people are really saying, and to refrain from making judgments, but instead use discernment. It also means to learn what it means to love myself as well, and to learn what is and isn’t loving behavior, both on my part and the part of others. I am still learning. It has been a life-long journey for me, one that I continue to gladly follow.
As one aspect of this dedication to love, I believe that every human being deserves to be treated with fairness and respect, simply because they are a human being.
Marina's Code of Ethics as Human Being
My universal code of ethics is based on this single core principle. My personal rules of conduct are all derived from these universals, and my code of ethics as a psychic also arises out of this principle.
- I accept responsibility for my intentions, thoughts, words, and actions.
- I am honest, but I am also courteous. It isn’t always necessary to blurt out everything that’s on my mind; some things are best left unsaid.
- I approach everything with the intention of contributing to the greater good and of leaving things better than how I found them. If I can improve something, I do so. It doesn’t have to be a big thing. It can (and often does) mean tidying a stack of papers at the bank, or picking up a single bit of litter and recycling it.
- I treat people with respect. This respect includes a wide range of actions, such as respecting people’s property and privacy, listening to them without judgment if possible, and providing them with a positive response that encourages and uplifts them and gives them a chance to choose to feel better about themselves. It also means respecting people’s choices in life.
- In the workplace, I maintain an attitude of professionalism, objectivity, and respect toward all, regardless of how I am treated.
- I do my best to not be too hard on myself when I make a mistake. Instead, I use it as an opportunity to learn about myself and to learn how to not make that mistake again.
- I admit when I am wrong or have done wrong, and make amends if possible.
- If someone does wrong to me or lies to me, and it is important to me, I confront them on it gently and diplomatically. This is for their sake as well as mine. If that person continues to lie to me or do me wrong, I step away from the relationship.
Marina’s Code of Ethics as a Psychic
Note that these are in addition to my code of ethics as a human being, and follow several of the same principles and values.
- In terms of those spirits I channel or use as guides, I choose only to interact with those who are of the highest intentions, development, and love.
- During a reading, I relate what I am getting, whether it is positive or negative, unless I am guided to not say something.
- No matter what, I maintain a neutral or positive attitude toward the person I am reading, remembering that they have come to me for guidance and information, not for judgment. No matter what, I maintain my professional manner and attitude.
- I respect the privacy of others. I only “read” people when I am granted specific permission. (Unless I feel that I or those I love are being attacked or in danger.)
- I respect a person’s choices. Whatever information I give them is theirs to do with as they wish. If they choose not to follow through on any advice or information I give them, I respect that too.
- I might share general information from one or more readings for the purposes of illustrating a principle or a kind of event. In those cases, I only share that information in ways that prevent anyone from being identified.
- I do not keep records of my clients’ readings; if they have me record a reading, once I know they have the CD of that reading, I delete the files permanently from my computer.